• We only use your data for the purposes set out in this policy.
• We take all reasonable steps to protect your data.
• We will never sell your data to a third party.
• Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data (e.g. so we can send you special offers or news about our products and services that we think would be of interest to you), you can withdraw consent at any time.
• If we don’t need your data anymore, we will securely delete it.
When you are using our website and services, the data controller is KDSM Communications Limited , a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 11082740 and whose registered office address is at 11 Willow Park Dr, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE18 1EB. DsmTech is a trading name of KDSM Communications Limited.
How we collect and use your information.
We collect your name and contact details when you create a DsmTech account and use them for the following purposes:
• Delivering items you’ve purchased and collecting items you’re selling.
• Sending important service-related messages by text, email, post and push notifications (you can opt out of these at any time by contacting email@example.com). This is, of course, subject to contractual necessity grounds under the GDPR, such that any communications that are necessary to give effect to the contract cannot be opted out of.
• Sending information about our latest offers, discounts, voucher codes, competitions and updates by text, email, post, social media and push notifications (again, you can opt out of any of these at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org).
Fraud prevention and detection.
We collect your date of birth and gender information when you create a DsmTech account. We use this information for the following reasons:
• To determine which products, offers and services will be of interest to you.
• Fraud prevention and detection.
Your payment information
This information is collected when you checkout using credit/debit card details, bank details or PayPal details depending on how you choose to pay or receive payment. This information is used to;
• Take payment for the products you’ve purchased.
• Pay you for items you’ve sold.
• Prevent and detect fraud.
• We do not store your credit or debit card details and ensure that any bank details that we need to hold are held subject to all appropriate security measures.
Your contact history with us.
We may store and use any communications you have with us (i.e. when contacting our customer service team) for the following reasons:
• Provide customer service and support.
• Devise solutions to common customer problems.
• Train our customer service team.
Your purchase history and saved items. In order to deliver the best possible service, we store information on your purchase history and saved items. This allows us to:
• Provide a personalised experience when using our website (including recommended products) using automated and computerised technology.
• Review, develop and improve the products and services we offer.
• Send marketing emails relevant to your interests.
Information about your devices and how you use our services.
When you visit our site or send an email to us, we will automatically collect information about the device you’re using (i.e. mobile, computer, tablet, etc) as well as your operating system, access times, browser information (including type, language and history), your location data, settings and other data required to deliver the services described in this policy.
• Provide you with a personalised browsing experience, including recommend products and services.
• Research and data analysis.
• Developing new products and services.
We apply all the safeguards outlined in this policy when combining your personal information with your device information.
In some instances, we may provide third parties with aggregated information and analytics in order to deliver and improve our service. This information will be anonymised so it cannot be used to identify you.
The legal basis for collecting and processing your personal information
The law on data protection sets out a number of different grounds on which we can collect and process your personal information.
When we enter into a contract with you we need your personal data to be able to fulfil the contract e.g. if we agree to buy your items we will need your account details to be able to pay you and may also need your address details to arrange for our courier to collect your items if applicable. We require a payment email address if payment is being sent or received by PayPal.
We may be required by law to retain some of your personal data e.g. fraud prevention. We may disclose your personal information to the authorities such as police, judicial or distraint officers if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Where you have given us your consent e.g. where you have ticked a box to say you agree to terms and conditions.
Your rights over the way in which we use your data will vary depending on which ground we are relying upon.
You can withdraw consent for us to send marketing messages at any time by:
• Using the unsubscribe links provided in our emails.
• Changing your preferences in the MyAccount section of our website.
• Sending an email to email@example.com with changes or requests.
• Writing to Data Controller
Online advertising and marketing messages
Like most companies, we use online advertising to bring you our latest offers and encourage new customers to try our service.
Our online adverts appear across the web and social media. To make sure you only see ads relevant to you, we use pixels, cookies (including both first-party and third-party cookies), mobile identifiers and services offered by companies like Facebook and Google, as well as the information you provided when creating your account.
You are free to opt out of our marketing messages at any time by:
• Using the unsubscribe by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Writing to Data Controller, KDSM Communications Limited, 11 Willow Park Dr, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE18 1EB.
You have the following rights over the way in which we use your personal information:
• The right to access any personal information we hold about you.
This means you can ask us whether we hold information about you and, if so, for us to provide you with certain details about that information, including the information itself. This is often referred to as a subject access request.
• The right to request we delete the information we hold about you (sometimes referred to as the right to erasure of your information or the right to be forgotten).
• You can ask us to delete your information in certain circumstances e.g. where it is no longer necessary for us to hold it for the purposes for which we collected it, where we need your consent to use it and you have withdrawn that consent, where you object to us using your information for our legitimate interests and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for us to continue to do so.
• The right to correct or update any personal information we hold about you.
If you cannot correct the information yourself through your DsmTech account, please contact us with your queries and/or the updated information.
• The right to restrict our processing of your information
This might apply where, for example, you have objected to us processing your data on the grounds of our legitimate interest but we are checking whether there are any grounds to override your objection.
• Sending an email to email@example.com
• Writing a letter to Data Queries, 11 Willow Park Dr, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE18 1EB.
How we store and protect your information
We store your information on our secure systems operated, as well as systems operated by third parties (who may also process your anonymised information on our behalf).Your information is stored for as long as you have a DsmTech account, or as long as it is needed to provide the services outlined above.
We appreciate the trust you place in us to handle your personal data correctly, which is why we promise not to sell your personal data to any third party under any circumstances.
However, we will need to share it with carefully selected companies and organisations in order to fulfil the services outlined in the ‘how we collect and use your information’ section above. Here is a full list:
To employees, agents and other third parties (some of whom may be located outside of the EEA) who help us deliver our services, including but not limited to: administering your account, arranging the collection and delivery of products and providing assistance with any queries you may have.
To companies who help us tailor our services to your needs and recommend products and services you may be interested in.
To any party whom we transfer our right and duties to after a change of ownership.
To anyone the law requires us to share data with.
Your information and countries outside Europe
In some instances, we may need to transfer your data to a company or organisation outside of the EEA. These transfers will only be made with the appropriate safeguards in place, including the standard data protection clauses outlined by the European Commission. If the organisation is based in the United States, we will ensure they are compliant with the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme.
Your data and other websites
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy from time to time. If we make any major changes, we’ll post a notification on our website.
Third party links.
We may provide links on our site to the websites of other companies, whether affiliated with us or not. We cannot give any undertaking, that products or services (subscription or otherwise) that you purchase from third party sellers through our website, or from companies to whose website we have provided a link on our site, will be of satisfactory quality, and any such warranties are disclaimed by us absolutely. This disclaimer does not affect your statutory rights against the third party seller. We will notify you when a third party is involved in a transaction, and we may disclose your customer information related to that transaction to the third party seller.
iPhone®️, iPod®️ and iPad®️ are trademarks of Apple, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. DsmTech and its products are not affiliated with Apple, Samsung, Huawei, HTC, Sony, Nokia, Motorola or Vodafone uk, O2 uk, EE uk, Three uk, or any of its subsidiaries or any other manufacturer listed on our website. DsmTech is not affiliated with third party website offers, DsmTech makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the listing or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on it's website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. We will not be held responsible for any misuse or misrepresentations of our products conducted by buyers.
To the extent that we are liable to you for breach of contract, negligence or any other liability arising under these Terms and Conditions, our liability shall at all times be capped at the Valuation of the Item(s) which is the subject of your claim.
We shall not be liable for any special indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages relating to your contract with us. This includes but is not limited to direct and indirect loss of profit and loss of income.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for:
a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
c) any breach of the obligations under the Consumer Rights Act 2015; or
d) any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect your statutory rights.